Why Get A Weimaraner Rescue?
- You might miss out on the destructive puppy stage! Although people usually think about getting a puppy when they think about getting a new dog, there are certain advantages to getting an older dog. You’ll miss out on the chewing, the house training, the 30 second attention span, etc. Older dogs also adapt more quickly to a new home.
- You’ll have a housebroken Weim. Need I say more?
- You’ll know the dog’s personality. Some Weims are barkers, some are diggers, some are extraordinarily energetic, and some are couch potatoes. When you get an older Weim, you’ll know something about the dog before they come to live with you. All Weimaraner rescues do a terrific job making sure that a dog’s temperament and personality fit with a potential owner.
- You’ll know the dog’s history. Does the dog like cats? Children? Other dogs? Elderly? You will know before bringing him or her home.
- You’ll learn more about the breed and have a terrific resource for the life of the dog.
- All dogs coming from Weim rescues have had socialization, are up to date on vet care, and have had basic obedience work.
What’s not to like?!
There are many ways to help including transporting, evaluating, training, taking photos, etc. Foster homes are always needed. And, of course, funding for veterinary bills and care of the rescue dogs is an ongoing project. Contact the organization and see how you can help out.